Sunday, January 17, 2010
Gajalee is one of our favorite restaurants in Mumbai. It serves coastal seafood. Though not exactly coastal variety, we also love their tandoori flavor. The server shows you the catch of the day - a fresh khapri pomfret - and then the chef prepares the Tandoori pomfret for you. Alas, I do not get fresh pomfret here. I mean, yes, it's available at our oriental stores, but the taste is not the same. So when I crave for the seafood, I use whatever I get from the supermarket. Thus, I made tandoori salmon and my husband actually enjoyed it even more. (after all it's boneless!)
3 salmon fillets, rinsed, patted dry, scored
Whisk together in a bowl
3 tbsp tandoori masala
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Oil for basting/grilling
1. Clean and rinse the salmon fillets.
2. Pour the tandoori marinade all over.
3. Make sure the fillets are covered with marinade. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes
4. Heat the grill pan. Lightly spray with oil
5. Place salmon fillets by removing excess marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
6. Grill on both the sides till grill marks appear.
7. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.
1. Check for salt in your tandoori masala ingredients. and use or do not use accordingly.
2. Salmon is quite filling fish. One fillet is more than enough for one person. So choose smaller portions of fillets.