Saturday, December 5, 2009
These spicy nuts make perfect munchies for the holiday season.
Tandoori Mixed Nuts
1/4 cup peanuts, unsalted, roasted, peeled
1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1/4 cup raw, unsalted almonds
1/4 cup raw, unsalted walnuts
1 tsp oil (1/4 t + 1/4t +1/4 t + 1/4t)
2 tsp tandoori masala (1/2 tsp per nuts)
1. Heat pan. Fry peanuts for 30 seconds. Since they are already roasted, they won't need too much time. Add 1/4 tsp oil. Mix. Take off the gas. Stir in 1/2 tsp tandoori masala powder. Mix well without letting masala burn. Take off in a plate. Spread in a single layer. Cool down.
2. Wipe off the pan with a clean paper towel so all the masala powder is wiped off (else it will burn). Now roast cashews for about 2-3 minutes till they are well roasted. Add 1/4 tsp oil. Fry for 30 seconds. Take off the gas. Stir in 1/2 tsp tandoori masala powder. Mix well without letting masala burn. Take off in a plate. Spread in a single layer. Cool down.
3. Follow step 2 for almonds and walnuts (separately)
4. When all the nuts are cooled off, mix them together and serve or store in an airtight container.
1. Each nut has its own roasting time. So it's preferred to roast them separately.
2. The roasting time also depends on the freshness of the nuts. It may vary.
3. Check for salt content in your tandoori masala and accordingly adjust/add salt.