1 cup rawa/semolina
2 cups coconut milk (I used reduced fat organic)
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup grated jaggery (or per taste)
5 cardamoms, peeled & crushed
few nuts slivers like cashews, almonds etc
1 tbsp fresh coconut (Optional)
1. Mix jaggery& salt in coconut milk.
2. Roast rawa/semolina till golden on the low flame.
3. Add sweetened coconut milk in the rawa pan.
4. Stir till porridge like consistency is reached.
5. Add crushed cardamoms.
6. Garnish with nuts and coconut - if using.
1. You can add a fresh or dried turmeric leaf when adding the coconut milk. Discard the leaf before serving.
2. Traditionally, homemade coconut milk made from fresh coconuts is used for this recipe.