Masala Puffed CornIngredients
3 cups puffed corn, unsalted, sugar free
1/2 cup peanuts, unsalted (optional)
salt to taste
sugar to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp goda masala
2 tbsp metkoot
1/2 tsp chili powder
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add ingredients for tempering.
2. As they sizzle, add peanuts. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add corn & salt & sugar.
4. Saute till it is coated with masala and heated through. I t should not burn.
5. Switch off the gas. Let it cool down. Store in an airtight container
1. More oil is needed to coat puffs uniformly with masala