Saturday, December 12, 2009
This simple salad dressing of roasted peanut powder, lemon juice and seasonings comes very handy to try on any veggies - especially relatively unknown veggies. I have used it from jicama to broccoli slaw with very favorable ratings.
Broccoli Slaw chi Koshimbeer
1 packet (12 oz) broccoli slaw
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 key lime, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts crushed/daaNyache koot
A pinch of sugar (or per taste)
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 or 2 green chilies, chopped or slit
1 tbsp cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh coconut (optional)
1. Mix slaw with salt and lemon juice.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients except tempering.
3. Heat oil in a small saucepan/fodNichi paLi. Add cumin seeds & green chilies. As they sizzle, drizzle the oil over the slaw. Mix well.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes so all the flavors are nicely mixed up. Check for salt and lemon. Adjust accordingly.
5. Serve immediately.
1. Broccoli slaw packet comes with the shredded carrot and purple cabbage.