Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tawa Pullao

Among the many noises on the streets of Mumbai - like traffic, horn, hawkers, construction work, local trains, bollywood music, cricket matches, ocean waves - one of the best noises to hear, especially when your are ravenous, is the "taka tak" of the huge spoons/ladles/spatulas on the equally huge tawa/pan. Yes - Pav bhaji, tawa pullao, paneer taka-tak! :-D

I found a wonderful tawa pulao recipe at chef Sanjeev Kapoor's website. I tried to make it healthier by using more veggies like purple cabbage, carrots, different colored bell peppers and even moong sprouts!! So for authentic recipe - please visit chef Kapoor's original version!

Recipe Source -
http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=3632&Header=Searched Recipe&MenuId=0


My modifications -
1. In order to make healthier, I added different veggies and sprouts.

Happy Thanksgiving.
I offer my heartfelt tribute to the victims of 26/11.
I love you, Mumbai.

This post is my entry to Lakshmi's RCI - Mumbai
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs