Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pineapple Basundi

I tasted fruity basundis only after my marriage. and I was really skeptical about this fruity thing going in the milk! But I wanted to be polite so when MIL served this pineapple basundi, I took utmost care not to show my true feelings about it!!;-) But when I tasted it, boy, was I wrong! It was one of the tastiest dessert, I have ever tasted.

Pineapple Basundi
Pineapple-Milk Dessert
1 recipe Basundi
pineapple pieces, chopped to small chunks or Dole crushed pineapple in its juice or Dole pineapple in its own juice
1 tsp sugar

1. Prepare basundi as described here. Cool down completely.
2. Chill in the refrigerator.
3. If using canned pineapple, drain the pieces completely. Add sugar & essence in the pineapple pieces and keep it in the fridge.
4. Just before serving, spoon pineapple pieces - about 1 tbsp per serving bowl. Pour the chilled basundi on top.
5. Serve immediately.

Note -
1. Make sure that basundi and pineapple both are chilled.
2. After mixing pineapple and basundi, serve immediately, else, the basundi may curdle.
3. Try to get sweetest possible pineapple.
4. Please note that the picture above is a close-up which shows my pineapple chunks bigger than they need to be. Make sure pinapple is nicely diced to small pieces.


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs