Oh well, I was so excited that I had to share it here! Then now that we are talking of exercising and all that good stuff, I better blog about a healthy salad recipe!! :-D
Oh and before I forget, just like last year, I have signed up for NaBloWriMo. That means, you are going to get a daily post without any weekend break, every day this month!!
1 cucumber, peeled or unpeeled, sliced into thin circles
Whisk together -
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp water
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped finely
1. Slice the cucumber very thinly, preferably using mandolin.
2. Whisk the dressing ingredients.
3. Pour over the cucumber slices. Keep for 5 minutes and turn over so both the sides get nicely coated with the dressing.
4. Serve immediately.
1. You can peel or leave the cucumbers unpeeled (especially if the cucumbers are very fresh without any waxy coating on them!). Or sometimes, I peel alternately, i.e. peel one strip, leave next unpeeled and so on... and then slice them thinly. Or you can make some ridges first before slicing like they do in the restaurants in India.
2. Serve this salad immediately or make it as close to serving as possible. If kept longer, the cucumber will leave lots of water.
3. Adjust the dressing amount depending on the slices , "one" cucumber gives.
This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.