Tikhatameethachya Purya - (Count 32)
2 cups wheat flour
salt to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp ajwain/owa/ajmo/carrom seeds
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp hot oil
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big paraat/deep plate.
2. Add a spoonful of hot oil.
3. Adding water as needed, knead a stiff dough.
4. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Make small balls & roll into small discs
6. Heat oil for frying in a big kadai or wok.
7. Deep fry till cooked on both sides.
8. Drain on the absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot with a cup of tea
1. You can serve them with any gravy vegetable/achar or simply with tea.
2. This proportion gave me 32 puris. This count may vary depending on the diameter/circumference/thickness of the puris.