Wednesday, October 21, 2009
If you love prawns/shrimp, do give it a try. It's delicious!!
Fried Prawns - Parsi style
1 lb prawns/shrimp, deveined, peeled
few drops of balsamic vinegar
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mild chili powder (like kashmiri chili powder or paprika)
1 tsp dhansaak masala
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp kasoori methi, crumbled by hand
4-5 mint leaves, chopped
2 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
oil for shallow or deep frying
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1. Mix all the ingredinets except oil and cornstarch.
2. Refrigerate the marinated prawns/shrimp for at least 30 minutes
3. Heat tawa/pan for shallow frying or a kadai/wok for deep frying.
4. Sprinkle cornstarch over the marinated prawns/shrimp. Mix well.
5. Arrange the prawns in a single layer for shallow frying or deep fry till crisp.
6. If shallow frying, fry on both the sides till crispy.
7. Drain on the absorbent paper.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro
9. Serve along with lemon wedges and toothpicks.
1. I used readymade Dhansaak masala(Badshah brand)
This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.