My blog is 2 today. I turn a year older too. Happy Birthday,dear blog & Happy Birthday, dear Self!!:-D
Moogachya Peethache Laadoo (Count 12)
मुगाच्या पीठाचे लाडू
Moong Flour Laddu
1 1/2 cup moong daal flour
1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar/peethi sakhar/confectioner's sugar
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
Crush to a fine powder
5-6 cardamoms, peeled
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Add moong daal flour. Saute for 30 minutes, stirring continuously on a low flame. Do not let the flour burn. Do not let it undercook.
3. Add milk and keep on stirring till it's dry again.
4. While the flame is still low, add sugar, salt if using and raisins.
5. Saute for 7 more minutes.
6. Switch off the gas. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
7. Keep aside for 10 minutes or so.
8. Grease your palms with ghee. Roll laddoos when the mixture is cooled a little to handle it easily. Make sure at least one raisin is rolled in each laddoo.
9. Store in an airtight container.
1. Moong daal flour is available at the Indian grocery stores.