Thursday, October 8, 2009

Laganshaala - Parsi Vegetable Soup


Since I am hosting RCI - Parsi cuisine this month, I am looking Parsi recipes. I went on my favorite sanjeevkapoor.com after a long time. I found this recipe called Laganshaala. I not only liked the recipe but also loved the name. The recipe with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots was perfect for this fall weather. It was a very straightforward recipe and I had all the ingredients at home. So I wasted no time making it. We loved the taste too. It reminded me of my mom's "batatyacha paataL rassa". I haven't blogged about it yet. But mom serves it with the famous brun bread of Mumbai, which goes by the name "gutli" at our local Bandra bakeries. So you can serve this laganshaala soup with a crusty french bread as well.
Recipe Source -
My Modifications -
1. I halved the recipe.
Credits
This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!
RCI event is started by
Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs