This is a simple masala where coriander seeds and half amount of cumin seeds are powdered together. My aunt tells me that, in Gujarat, special new crop of coriander seeds is used. It has greenish tinge and it is called "dhaani". I used my aunt's recipe for making this most ubiquitous and beloved masala powder in Gujarati cooking. Addition of cinnamon is optional.
Coriander-cumin seed powder
1/2 cup coriander seeds
1/4 cup cumin seeds
1 stick cinnamon (Optional)
0. Pick all the seeds for any impurity. Air-dry them by keeping on a plate so any moisture content is removed.
1. Powder in your blender/mixer.
2. Store in an airtight container.
1. Make sure that blender/mixer has no moisture.
2. Traditionally, this powder is made by pounding in a huge mortar & pestle.
This post is my entry to Priya's Think Spice - Coriander Seeds.
Think Spice event is started by Sunita of Sunita's world.