1 tsp oil
3-4 green chilies, stems removed & slit
2 tbsp fresh coconut
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1. Rinse the chilies. Pat them dry. Remove the stems and slit them.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chilies and stir fry them till they appear crunchy. Set aside to cool down.
3. Grind the roasted chilies, coconut, salt and sugar to a smooth paste.
4. Whisk yogurt. Add the ground chutney. Stir again.
5. Serve with dosas, chilas or just as a side with the usual meal.
1. I used fat-free, plain organic yogurt.
2. You can make this chutney more or less spicy by selecting hot or mild chilies and increasing or decreasing the quantity.
3. You can drain the whey from the yogurt and use the hung yogurt for making creamier chutney. Or you can use plain Greek yogurt as well.