Eggs from Bharuch
4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled & cut (I get rid of 2 yolks)
2 small potatoes, boiled, peeled & cut
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dhansaak masala
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
Grind to paste
3 kashmiri chilies, soaked and drained
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil or butter or ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 small onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oil/butter/ghee in a saucepan.
2. Add cumin seeds & onion. Saute till onion is soft. Add tomatoes. saute till tomato is mushy.
3. Now, add ground paste. Saute for 9 minutes or so.
4. Add salt, sugar, dhansaak masala, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil.
5. Add chopped potatoes and eggs. Mix the curry well. Let the water evaporate.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
7. Serve with bread or buttered toast.
1. I use 2 egg yolks and get rid of the remaining two. You can decide for your own preference.
2. If you like, you can keep some gravy.
This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.