Prawns Curry from filmfare online
500 gm jumbo prawns, cleaned, deveined
9 flakes garlic, paste
4 red chili peppers, ground
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
4 onions, chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp tamarind paste/pulp
1 tbsp jaggery or brown sugar
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion. saute till golden brown.
2. Add pepper paste, garlic, turmeric powder, cumin seeds. Fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add prawns, coriander leaves, salt. Fry well.
4. Add little water, cover and cook till done.
5. Add tamarind and jaggery. Continue cooking till jaggery melts.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves
1. I made a paste with red peppers, garlic, cumin seeds and turmeric powder and then added to step 2.
2. I always marinate prawns with some salt and turmeric powder.
3. I used 1 tbsp oil
This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.