Saturday, October 31, 2009

Akshaye Khanna's Prawn Paatiyo

When I look at my collection of recipes from Filmfare, I look back at my own life at that time. I can't tell whether I was more crazy about Bollywood or about collecting the recipes!!:-D

Prawns Paatiyo
Prawns Curry from filmfare online
Ingredients
500 gm jumbo prawns, cleaned, deveined
9 flakes garlic, paste
4 red chili peppers, ground
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
4 onions, chopped

1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp tamarind paste/pulp
1 tbsp jaggery or brown sugar
2 tbsp oil

salt to taste


Method
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion. saute till golden brown.
2. Add pepper paste, garlic, turmeric powder, cumin seeds. Fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add prawns, coriander leaves, salt. Fry well.
4. Add little water, cover and cook till done.
5. Add tamarind and jaggery. Continue cooking till jaggery melts.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves


Note -
1. I made a paste with red peppers, garlic, cumin seeds and turmeric powder and then added to step 2.
2. I always marinate prawns with some salt and turmeric powder.
3. I used 1 tbsp oil


Credits
Filmfareonline.com


This post is my entry to RCI - Parsi cuisine hosted by me!

RCI event is started by Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs