Tuesday, September 29, 2009
TamboLi is a coconut based kadhi which is served cold/room temperature. TamboLi, fried fish and rice - that surely makes the Konkani in me very happy!:-D
1/2 cup fresh coconut
2 -3 byadgi chilies, roasted quickly in 2 drops of coconut oil
1/2 tsp tamarind pulp
water as needed
2 tbsp minced onion
salt to taste
1. Grind coconut, roasted chilies and tamarind to very fine paste adding water as needed.
2. Add salt and water to adjust the curry like consistency,
3. Stir in minced onion
4. Serve at room temperature with rice and fried fish
1. Since this curry is not boiled, use filtered or boiled and then cooled water for adjusting the consistency.
2. Since we use raw onion for this recipe, make sure it's minced very finely.