Pani - Puri = Elco's pani puri! Your shopping trip to Elco is incomplete if you have not tasted that pani puri. Yeah, you can eat the other stuff too - chole tikki and even gulab jamun or all the different avatars of dosas including spring roll dosa from the nearby vendor. But still do not forget to eat the pani puri.
Being many miles away from Elco, I have to make this pani puri all by myself! Something is better than nothing, huh?
1 recipe puris
1 recipe multi-purpose chutney
1 cup boiled moong/chana sprouts
1/2 cup boondi
sprinkle with a pinch of salt, chaat masala and red chili powder
4 tbsp pani puri masala (I use Badshah brand)
1. Set all the ingredients ready to use.
2. Follow the directions on the back of pani puri masala and make pani ready. Add lemon juice to the pani. Refrigerate till ready to use.
3. Place 5 - 6 puris in each serving platter.
4. In small ramekins serve boondi, potatoes, moong. Keep a wide ramekin ready for paani adding chutneys as necessary.
5. Attack! :-D
2. I usually add chutneys to the chilled water before serving. Everyone can adjust spicy or sweet chutney to their water if they want more.