Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Anjeer Ice-Cream - Figs Icecream

Ever since I came across this recipe link, I wanted to make that figs Ice-cream. Needless to say, it reminded me of Naturals. But suddenly, it appeared that fresh figs just disappeared from the supermarket. I kept searching for them and finally found them at Whole Foods last week.

Happily, I announced to my family about my splendid plan of anjeer ice-cream and I was taken aback by their protest! Gudiya wondered why am I not making chocolate ice-cream and my husband thought pretty much the same. Well, I was not going to give up though I was outnumbered by them!;-) But I wanted them to be happy too. So I added 2 tbsp of chocolate-hazelnut spread to the ice cream.

As I was going to proceed with the final step of peeling and chopping the figs, I was afraid Gudiya might not really enjoy this ice-cream after all, so instead of stirring the figs inside the ice cream, I just topped it with fresh chopped (& peeled!) figs. Gudiya enjoyed it & My husband absolutely loved this delicious figs ice cream, of course I didn't leave the opportunity to tell them "I told you so!" :-D

Anjeer Ice-Cream
Recipe Inspired by Southern Living
2 cups whole milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp Hazelnut Chocolate spread like Nutella
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

2 cups fresh figs, peeled & chopped

1. Whisk first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Pour in your ice cream container.
2. Freeze according to your ice-cream maker instructions.
3. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or till firm.
4. Before serving, make sure the ice cream is little soft.
5. Top it with fresh figs or mix in figs in the individual ice-cream bowl.

Note -
1. I didn't use mint as the original recipe asks for.
2. I didn't use additional sugar as nutella and condensed milk had plenty of sugar already.
3. Please note that this ice cream doesn't have cream or any stabilizer or eggs. So it tends to be icy if kept for a long time in the freezer.
4. I used fresh, organic figs.

Recipe Source -


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs