1/2 cup rawa/semolina/sooji
1/2 cup alphabet pasta or any small fun shaped pasta
1/2 cup yogurt
Water as needed
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 curry leaves sprig, torn
You will also need,
1/2 tsp ginger, grated
1 tsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp carrot, shredded (optional)
1 green chili, minced (optional)
1 tbsp coconut
1. Roast rawa on a medium flame for 5 minutes and set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp oil. Roast alphabet pasta for 5 minutes or till it changes color.
3. Mix rawa and pasta. Add yogurt. Stir well. add water as needed to make a batter like consistency. Heat oil for tempering. Add all the ingredients for tempering. Add the sizzling oil over the batter. Also add the remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes. Check if the alphabet pasta is soft to touch.
5. Steam the idlis. Serve with chutney of your choice.
1. I didn't use chilies, carrots, cilantro in this recipe.
2. If you want, you can use pre-cooked alphabet pasta and reduce the soaking time.
This post is my contribution to Srivalli's Kids' Delight at Spice Your Life.