Laal Mulyachi (Partun) Bhaaji
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
0. Remove both ends of radishes. Halve them. Again halve and make thin pieces. Similarly chop potatoes. Keep both the vegetables in water.
1. Heat oil in a nonstick kadai or wok
2. Add all the ingredients for tempering
3. Add vegetables by draining all the water. Saute for 10-15 minutes without adding any water or keeping a lid on top.
4. Add salt, sugar, chili powder. Saute again for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with coconut if using.
1. Traditionally, this bhaaji is made in an iron kadai using lots of oil. It does taste awesome especially when it gets crunchy in oil.
2. Make sure that there is no water left while it is cooking to get the crunchy taste.