Friday, July 31, 2009

Dates Shake


I came across this recipe at Cooking Light that I modified to give an Indian flavor with cardamoms. Later, I came to know that Parsi cuisine has a drink called Dates shake as well.

Dates Shake
Ingredients
7-8 dates, soaked for 2-3 hours, pitted
3 cups skim milk
3 cardamoms
Garnish
3-4 walnut halves, broken into pieces
Method
1. Soak dates in water for 2-3 hours. Drain. Remove seeds/stem.
2. Blend dates along with cardamom seeds and 1/2 cup milk to get the pulp.
3. Now add remaining milk and swirl again.
4. Serve chilled, garnished with walnut pieces.
Note -
1. You can make this drink even richer by adding 2%, full fat milk or using half-half or vanilla icecream. I prefer just skim milk as I think it tastes quite good.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs