Peanuts Stir Fry
1 cup raw peanuts with skin, soaked for 4-5 hours
salt to taste
1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chilies, slit (or per taste)
1 tbsp fresh coconut
1 key lime, squeezed
1. Rinse raw peanuts (with peels). Soak in sufficient water for about 4-5 hours. If some peels are floating, discard them. But do not take the peels by peeling or rubbing hands.
2. Pressure cook peanuts up to 3 whistles.
3. Heat ghee in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds and chilies. As they splutter, add boiled peanuts, cooking liquid and salt.
4. Let all the liquid evaporate.
5. Garnish with coconut. Just before serving, squeeze lemon juice.
1. Pressure cooker expedites the cooking process. You can cook peanuts in the saucepan as well.
This is my entry to JFI - Peanuts at Cook's Hideout.
JFI is started by Indira of Mahanandi.