Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hibiscus Lemonade

Sometime back, I saw Hibiscus cocktail at Happy Cook's place. I wondered how it must have tasted. I never knew that hibiscus was edible. I couldn't find it anywhere. But while shopping at Whole Foods, I came across Hibiscus Sorbet. I bought it out of curiosity. However, we found it too sugary. So I wanted to dilute it a bit. Thus, Hibiscus lemonade was born.

Hibiscus Lemonade
Ingredients
2 cups Hibiscus Sorbet
1/4 tsp salt
1 key lime, freshly squeezed
1/2" ginger, grated and squeezed to get the juice
3 cups chilled water

Method

1. Thaw the sorbet so it is easier to mix. But do not thaw completely.

2. Add in the remaining ingredients.

3. Serve chilled.

Note-

1. I found hibiscus Sorbet at the Whole Foods - frozen section.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs