Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day with Eggless Mawa Cake

We had many guests in December. December being a party month, I got a lot of opportunity to tinker with egg less version of our favorite cakes. I had already blogged about my semi-homemade version of "Mawa Cake" using Betty Crocker Cake mix. This time, I made semi-homemade version of Mawa cake using Betty Crocker Cake Mix, without using eggs. Let me warn you that, just because it has no eggs, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a low fat option as I had to use fresh cream. :-D

Sharing my dad's favorite mawa cake while celebrating father's day today. BTW, which mawa cake do you prefer? Merwan's or Kayani's or Manhar Surat's?

Happy Father's Day to my Dad & Gudiya's Dad and to all the wonderful dads around the world.

Eggless Mawa Cake
1 packet French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup + 1/4 cup whole milk
4 cardamoms, crushed
2 tbsp doodh masala

0. Preheat oven 350 F
1. Mix all the ingredients together. First use 3/4 cup whole milk and then use the remaining 1/4 cup milk a spoonful at a time to get the right consistency.
2. Grease the muffin pan generously.
3. Pour the batter.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the baked cake comes out clean.

Note -
1. I used Betty Crocker brand. Any other brand should work well too.


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs