Bell Peppers Pullao
1 cup basmati rice, rinsed & drained
1 yellow bell pepper, cored, cut into strips or chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, cut into strips or chopped
1 orange bell pepper, cored, cut into strips or chopped
1 small onion, sliced
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp pullao masala (or per taste)
1 (15 oz) can of black beans (I used organic, whole foods brand), rinsed & drained
2 cups water
salt to taste
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker or handi.
2. Add bay leaf & onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add turmeric powder and tomato. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Add bell pepper strips. Saute for 5 minutes.
5. Now add drained basmati rice, pullao masala. Fry without letting rice grains to break.
6. Add rinsed black beans, tomato ketchup, water, salt to taste.
7. When it comes to boil, reduce the flame to medium.
8. Close the lid. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Let the pressure drop of its own.
1. If using canned black beans, make sure to rinse & drain the beans thoroughly.
This post is my contribution to AFAM - Bell Peppers at Priya's Easy N Tasty
AFAM event is started by Maheshwari of Beyond the Usual.