When my MIL shared her recipe of cabbage salad, she meant just green cabbage and green bell peppers. But I thought, adding purple cabbage and colorful bell peppers will add more excitement. These days, Gudiya has announced "Eat Your Colors" plan, as her teachers have been telling the kids about healthy eating habits.
Kobij Ni Kachumbar
1 small purple cabbage, grated
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, peeled & grated
salt to taste
2 key limes, squeezed
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafeotida
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Heat oil in a small saucepan.
3. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
4. Drizzle the oil over the salad. Mix well.
5. Serve or refrigerate and serve.
1. Even a small purple cabbage makes a huge amount of salad. So adjust the other ingredients accordingly.
2. For the original recipe, green cabbage and green bell peppers are used.