Dhapate - Count 4 or 5
3/4 cup jowar flour/sorghum flour
1/4 cup besan/chickpea flour
2 tbsp rice flour
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 green chili, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp goda masala
1/4 tsp owa/ajwain/carrom seeds
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp whole flax seeds (optional)*
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp hot oil
oil for roasting
Homemade white butter (Traditional)
Tomato ketchup (my choice!)
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil for roasting.
2. Add water gingerly to knead a dough.
3. Heat a tawa or pan. Make equal balls about 4 or 5. Pat them on the pan using wet hands. Make one hole in a center.
4. Add a drop of oil in the center. Cover with a lid. Let it cook. Remove the lid. Flip and cook on the other side.
5. Serve with homemade white butter/loNi or makhan.
1. Flax seeds are not the part of the original recipe. I add them along with sesame seeds.