3-4 eggs, whisked
1 small tomato, minced
1/2 bell pepper, minced
2 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala or garam masala
1/4 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
1/4 cup milk
oil or butter for roasting
buttered toast made from sliced bread
Tomato ketchup/Spicy tomato ketchup
Shoestring potatoes (optional)
1. Mix all the vegetables, powders and salt together. Keep aside.
2. Whisk eggs with milk.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the veggie mixture.
4. Grease a frying pan with butter or oil.
5. Make omelets of desired circumference and thickness.
6. Serve with tomato ketchup and buttered toast. For a pure indulgence, serve potato salli (shoe string potatoes) with it.
1. If you need to taste for salt, check it with vegetable mixture. Do not taste raw eggs mixture.
2. You can add green chili instead of bell pepper for spicier taste.
3. You can make this omelet using just egg whites. In that case use 6 eggs whites.
This post is my entry to Sudeshna's first Birthday Event - Eggs