Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bhappye Salmon

Thanks friends, for all your support regarding the plagiarism that I blogged about yesterday. Two pictures have been removed. The third one is still there and the last one - my blog is mentioned for the pictures credit. I love cooking and sharing recipes. Many of you had already suggested about watermarking. But I was a bit lazy. I really am not into that much photography. But I will explore all those options now. But as some of you said, even the watermarked pictures can be lifted.

Anyways, back to today's recipe. I got this recipe from the Prestige Pressure Cooker booklet. Though they have (obviously) used pressure cooker for cooking fish, I just steamed the fish in the colander over a boiling pot. The original recipe called for pomfrets but I am not so lucky!! So I have substituted salmon but am very happy with the results.

Bhappye Salmon

Steamed Salmon inspired from Prestige Pressure Cooker booklet


3 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, cut into bite sized chunks

1/2 tsp salt or to taste

2 green chilies, chopped

Grind -

4 red chilies

1 tsp mustard seeds

1 tsp turmeric powder

You will also need,

1 tsp mustard oil


1. Marinate salmon pieces with ground powder, green chilies and salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.

2. Heat water in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Switch the gas to low

3. Place a colander on top. Place marinated salmon pieces on the colander. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the salmon pieces and cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure that the fish is cooked OK.

4. Take in a serving bowl. Drizzle some raw mustard oil on top.

5. Serve with plain rice.

Note -
Do not substitute any other oil. Use only mustard oil for the authentic flavor.


Prestige Recipe Booklet


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs