Anyways, back to today's recipe. I got this recipe from the Prestige Pressure Cooker booklet. Though they have (obviously) used pressure cooker for cooking fish, I just steamed the fish in the colander over a boiling pot. The original recipe called for pomfrets but I am not so lucky!! So I have substituted salmon but am very happy with the results.
Steamed Salmon inspired from Prestige Pressure Cooker booklet
3 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
2 green chilies, chopped
4 red chilies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
You will also need,
1 tsp mustard oil
1. Marinate salmon pieces with ground powder, green chilies and salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat water in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Switch the gas to low
3. Place a colander on top. Place marinated salmon pieces on the colander. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the salmon pieces and cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure that the fish is cooked OK.
4. Take in a serving bowl. Drizzle some raw mustard oil on top.
5. Serve with plain rice.Note -
Do not substitute any other oil. Use only mustard oil for the authentic flavor.
Prestige Recipe Booklet