Kolumbi che BhujNe
1 lb shrimp/prawns, peeled & deveined
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp malvani masala
1/2 tsp salt
Grind to paste
2 garlic cloves
1 or 2 green chilies (adjust per your preference)
1 tbsp oil
2 onions, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
3-4 kokums, rinsed
1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp fresh coconut
1. Marinate cleaned shrimp/prawns with turmeric powder, salt, malvani masala and ground ginger-garlic-chili paste. Set aside for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan or kadai. Add chopped onions & garlic. Saute till the onion gets soft. Do not let it burn.
3. Now add the marinated shrimp/prawns and 2 tbsp water. Adjust salt. Add kokums.
4. Saute till the shrimp/prawns are cooked and masala clings to them.
5. Stir in cilantro and coconut. Saute for 2 more minutes. Switch off the gas.
6. Serve along with chapatis or rice bhakri.
1. If you do not have malvani masala, use chili powder & a generous pinch of garam masala.
2. Chopped onions approximately measure about 1 cup. As onion sizes differ from place to place, I thought chopped onions is a better measure than just mentioning 2 onions!:-D