Asparagus TalasaniAsparagus Stir Fry
1 bunch asparagus, chopped slant like french cut
salt to taste
2 tsp canola oil
2-3 drops of coconut oil (optional)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 byadgi chilies, halved
7 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tbsp fresh coconut
1. Heat oil in a nonstick wok. Add the ingredients for tempering. Saute till the garlic is golden brown.
2. Now add asparagus. Saute on a medium flame. Add few sprinkles of water if needed.
3. Saute till asparagus is cooked per desired crunchiness or mushiness!
4. Add salt to taste and coconut.
5. Stir well.
1. I like to serve this stir fry little on the crunchy side.
2. Tastes delicious of its own. You can also serve it as side dish with rice & dalitauy
3. The use of coconut oil is for those like me, who refer the coconut oil flavor as a nostalgic aroma and not as a weird smell!!
4. While chopping aspragus, get rid of the lower portion as it tends to be very rough. You will realize it while chopping.
Abhaya Kalgutkar, contributor to Sunset