Saturday, March 28, 2009

Asparagus Talasani

While browsing through my favorite Cooking Light/my recipes website, I came across the recipe for Asparagus Talasani. The word "Talasani" haunted me as that's something my grandmom used to make often. but the use of Asparagus was just amazing. The recipe was contributed by Ms. Abhaya Kalgutkar. I bookmarked the recipe. Later, Maya told me that she tried that recipe twice and was very happy with the result. That inspired me to try it myself. As I was chopping the asparagus, I thought of making "garlic fanna/seasoning" talasani instead of the method described in the original recipe. So here it goes!!

Asparagus Talasani

Asparagus Stir Fry
Ingredients
1 bunch asparagus, chopped slant like french cut
salt to taste

Tempering
2 tsp canola oil
2-3 drops of coconut oil (optional)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 byadgi chilies, halved
7 cloves of garlic, sliced

Garnish
1 tbsp fresh coconut

Method
1. Heat oil in a nonstick wok. Add the ingredients for tempering. Saute till the garlic is golden brown.

2. Now add asparagus. Saute on a medium flame. Add few sprinkles of water if needed.

3. Saute till asparagus is cooked per desired crunchiness or mushiness!

4. Add salt to taste and coconut.

5. Stir well.


Note -
1. I like to serve this stir fry little on the crunchy side.
2. Tastes delicious of its own. You can also serve it as side dish with rice & dalitauy
3. The use of coconut oil is for those like me, who refer the coconut oil flavor as a nostalgic aroma and not as a weird smell!!
:-D
4. While chopping aspragus, get rid of the lower portion as it tends to be very rough. You will realize it while chopping.

Credits
Abhaya Kalgutkar, contributor to Sunset

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs