Green Peas Curry
2 cups dry green peas sprouts
1 tbsp onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
salt to taste
Grind to a fine paste
1/2 cup fresh coconut
4 - 5 byadgi chilies, roasted in a few drops of coconut oil
2 tsp tamarind pulp
1 tsp oil (use coconut oil for the authentic flavor)
1 tbsp chopped onion
1. Add green peas sprouts and chopped onion in a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil. As it boils, switch the gas to low. Cover partially and let it cook.
2. As the sprouts are cooked, add tomato. Let it simmer. Add water if needed.
3. Grind the masala per the directions above. Add masala in the saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water. Adjust water to make not very thin but not thick gravy. Add salt . Bring to boil.
4. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped onion. Saute till it becomes brownish but not burnt. Pour the sizzling oil in the curry. switch off the gas. Cover immediately.
5. Serve with plain rice.
1. Fresh green peas can be substituted. Dry, white peas can also be used.
This post is my entry to Aparna's celebration of the color - Orange.