2. I used "Natural Nutrition" brand for the puffed wheat. It was available in the cereal aisle.
Friday, February 20, 2009
As I was browsing through Sailu's beautiful blog, I came across Murri Mixture - Andhra Style Bhel. This bhel looked different. So I decided to give a shot. But instead of murri or puffed rice, I used puffed wheat. We loved it. Thanks, Sailu for sharing a wonderful recipe.
Recipe Inspiration -
Puffed Wheat Bhel
2 cups puffed wheat (no sugar added)
1 tsp oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
salt to taste
1 small onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4th piece of cucumber, chopped
1 green chili, minced
1/4 cup boiled chickpeas, cooled
1 small potato, boiled & peeled & chopped
1 small lemon, squeezed
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
A generous pinch of chaat masala
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add turmeric powder. As it sizzles, add peanuts and puffed wheat. Saute for 2 minutes without letting it burn.
2. Take off the gas. Add all the remaining ingredients.
3. Mix well and serve immediately.
1. You can add sev/ganthiya to the above mixture if you prefer. I didn't add any.