1 cup besan /chickpea flour
1 cup wheat flour
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp owa/ajwain/ajowan/ajmo/carrom seeds
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 green chili, minced (optional)
oil for frying
homemade white butter/Makhan/LoNi
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil.
2. Adding water as needed, knead the dough.
3. Roll out rotis using oil and wheat flour as needed.
4. Roast on a frying pan adding oil, till brown spots appear on both sides.
5. Serve hot with white or clarified butter if desired.
1. You can reduce the amount of besan which will probably make it easier to knead and work with the sticky dough.
2. For a change, sometimes I roast besan, let it cool down & proceed.
This post is my contribution to RCI -Haryana at EC's Simple Indian Food
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of VeggieCuisine.