KuLithachi UsaLHorsegram Stir Fry
2 cups Kulith/Horsegram sprouts
salt to taste
1 tbsp jaggery
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 small onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, slivered
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
1. Pressure cook kulith/horsegram and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds & garlic. As it turns reddish, add onion and turmeric powder. Saute for 5-7 minutes till the onion is soft.
3. Now add cooked horsegram sprouts along with cooking liquid, salt, jaggery and chili powder.
4. Bring to boil. Let it simmer till the water evaporates completely.
5. Garnish with fresh coconut.
1. You can reduce the amount of jaggery if you do not care for sweetish flavor.
This post is my contribution to My Legume Love Affair - Seventh Helping at Srivalli's.
My Legume Love Affair event is started by Susan of The Well seasoned Cook.