1 tbsp jaggery
2-3 kokum, rinsed
7-9 tirphals, soaked in 2 tbsp warm water
Grind to paste
3/4 cup coconut
3-4 red chilies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp tamarind pulp
1. Place all the vegetables in a big saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil. Cover with a lid and let it cook.
2. Grind masala to a paste adding little water.
3. Pour masala in the cooked vegetable along with salt, soaked tirphals & water, jaggery and kokums.
4. Adjust water to get the desired curry like consistency.
5. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes.
1. You can add any vegetables of your choice. Do not add sticky veggies like okra or eggplant.