Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Vengan nu BharatEggplant Relish
1 big eggplant, peeled, stem removed
salt to taste
1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
2 tbsp plain yogurt
Grind to paste
2 green garlic/fresh garlic/oli lasun/leelu lasan along with cloves and greens
2 green chilies
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder1 tbsp chora ni vadi
1 green garlic - greens only, minced
0. Pressure cook eggplant. Mash to pulp.
1. Heat oil. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
2. Saute the vadis till they turn a shade darker. Do not let it burn.
3. Add green paste. Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add coriander-cumin seed powder, salt and eggplant mush.
5. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add plain yogurt. Simmer till water is evaporated.
7. Garnish with chopped garlic greens.
1. If fresh garlic leaves are not available, use 2-3 cloves of usual garlic cloves for grinding. Use cilantro for garnish.
2. You can grill or roast eggplant instead of steaming it.