Sunday, December 21, 2008
If you have never tasted this peethi or never ever heard of it, you may try it on the day when you are feeling very adventurous!! :-) I am not trying to put you off. I know, this is not exactly the encouraging introduction to any recipe, but this curry definitely needs some seriously acquired taste buds.
PeethiHorsegram Flour curry
1/4 cup horsegram flour/kulith flour
1 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1 small onion, minced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chilies, halved
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
1 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro, chopped
1. Mix horsegram flour with 1 cup water till no lumps are formed.
2. Heat oil. Add garlic. When it turns brownish, add onion, turmeric powder, green chilies. Saute for 5 minutes till onion is soft.
3. Add 1 1/2 cup water. Add salt , kokum & chili powder. Let it boil.
4. Now gently add the horsegram flour batter. Let it cook for 5 minutes till it becomes thick.
5. Stir in coconut and cilantro.
6. Serve immediately with tandalachi bhakri/Rice flour flatbread.
Horsegram flour has a distinctly different taste. It may not be enjoyed by all.