My best friend, Rakhee shared her recipe with me over the phone. I had to try it.
Spinach Lentil Curry
1 bunch spinach, rinsed, boiled
2 cups masoor/lentil sprouts, pressure cooked
salt to taste
1 tsp jaggery
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala or kitchen king masala or malvani masala
Roast & grind
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup fresh or dessicated coconut
1 tsp oil
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
and/or 4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed
or plain rice
1. Grind boiled spinach to make a coarse paste.
2. Roast and grind onion and coconut and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan. Stir in onion and/or garlic and saute till soft.
4. Now add sprouts, spinach, salt, jaggery, turmeric powder, chili powder and garam/kitchen king/malvani masala.
5. Add ground masala & 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to boil.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the gravy according to the required consistency.
1. Keep spinach paste coarse. Do not make a fine paste.