1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter/toop
1 cup rawa/semolina/farina/sooji/cream of wheat
1 cup mango pulp
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar (depends on the sweetness of mango pulp)
A pinch of salt
2-3 cardamoms, peeled/crushed
A spoonful of almond slivers
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai
2. Add semolina/rawa. Stir fry on a low flame for 11-12 minutes till rawa turns golden. Make sure it does not burn.
3. Mix mango pulp, sugar, salt and milk in a bowl.
4. Slowly stir in the above mixture, while stirring.
5. Keep on stirring till a porridge like consistency is obtained.
6. Add cardamom powder. Mix well.
7. Garnish with almond slivers.
1. You may need to decide the proportion of sugar based on the sweetened/unsweetened mango pulp.
2. Mango pulp is easily available at the local Indian stores.
3. A smidgen of salt brings out the best in most of the desserts - my aunt's tip!:-D