Later whenever I tried to make kababs at home, I could never get the taste of our kababwala. So this is just an attempt to replicate the real taste. Of course there were many different types of kababs available but I am blogging about Chicken Tikka Kababs today.
Chicken Tikka Kababs
1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Water as required
1/2 pkt Tandoori masala (decrease or increase per taste)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Oil Spray such as Pam
Onion salad - Mix together, thinly sliced onion, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp chopped fresh mint, salt to taste, a generous pinch of chat masala.
1. Mix Tandoori masala with water, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste to make a thick paste.
2. Add chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 7-10 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 F. Thread the chicken pieces onto the wooden or metal skewers.
4. Arrange the skewers on a baking tray. Spray some oil lightly on the kabobs.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Flip. Bake for another 15 minutes or till done.
7. Take out kababs, sprinkle some lemon juice and chat masala.
8. Serve hot with onion salad and pita bread.
1. For better flavor, use BBQ grill with coals.
2. Shan Tandoori Masala yields the best results.
Wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS 2008!!