Methi Bhaji Na Bhujiya
1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves/methi , roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups besan/ chickpea flour
1 ripe banana, peeled, mashed (optional)
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger-green chili paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp plain yogurt
1 tsp hot oil
oil for deep frying
1. Mix all the ingredients to make a thick batter. Add water only if necessary.
2. Heat oil in a kadai or wok.
3. Make small balls and deep fry till brown on both sides.
4. Drain the deep fried fritters on a paper towel.
5. Serve hot.
1. Methi & banana combination may require an acquired taste. Do not use banana if you do not care for that sweetish, ripe taste.
This post is my contribution to Easy Craft's Party Food. I am sending it as a snack/starter.
This post is also my contribution to Hima's Sunday snacks - Fry it.