3. Add marinated chicken along with yogurt into the pan and saute till ghee leaves the masala.
4. Add salt to taste. and then stir in drained basmati rice.5. Carefully fold in the rice without breaking the grains. Saute till rice appears to have soaked in the moisture.6. Add 3 1/2 cups warm water. Check for salt. Turn the gas on high flame. Bring to boil.
7. As the water boils, reduce the flame to low. Place the pot on an iron frying pan/tawa for indirect heat.
8. Cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes or till done.
9. Fluff with a fork.
1. Chicken pieces with bones can also be used. We prefer boneless/skinless chicken so this recipe states boneless chicken.