Thursday, October 9, 2008
Gulabjamuns with basundi
5 Gulabjamuns, halved
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free version)
1 cup evaporated milk (I used skim milk)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp pistachio & almond slivers or 1 tsp doodh masala
1. Refrigerate condensed milk and evaporated milk. Refrigerate gulabjamuns.
2. Mix condensed and evaporated milk well. Add cardamom powder
3. Halve the gulajamuns. Spread them in a serving plate.
4. Pour the milk mixture so that some part of Gulabjamuns can be seen.
5. Garnish with nuts and saffron.
1. Condensed milk is quite thick so make sure that it is mixed well with the evaporated milk.
2. You can follow your favorite recipe for making basundi and then refrigerate it. and then add gulabjamun.