Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chandramukhi

When my friend, R, announced that she is serving Chandramukhi after dinner, we thought she is going to start some Bollywood movie!!!;-). But then this Chandramukhi was different - it was Gulabjamuns dunked in Rabdi/basundi - something like rasmalai but gulabjamuns were used instead of rasgullas. They were out of this world. R made everything from scratch. She made Rabdi and tiny Gulabjamuns. But I, the lazy one, followed the semi-homemade trick!! I used store-bought Haldiram Gulabjamuns. They were huge so I halved them. and I also used a shortcut for making the sweetened milk. If time permits, I would like to make everything from scratch, one fine day!:-D


Chandramukhi
Gulabjamuns with basundi
Ingredients
5 Gulabjamuns, halved
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free version)
1 cup evaporated milk (I used skim milk)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp pistachio & almond slivers or 1 tsp doodh masala

Method
1. Refrigerate condensed milk and evaporated milk. Refrigerate gulabjamuns.
2. Mix condensed and evaporated milk well. Add cardamom powder
3. Halve the gulajamuns. Spread them in a serving plate.
4. Pour the milk mixture so that some part of Gulabjamuns can be seen.
5. Garnish with nuts and saffron.


Note-
1. Condensed milk is quite thick so make sure that it is mixed well with the evaporated milk.
2. You can follow your favorite recipe for making basundi and then refrigerate it. and then add gulabjamun.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs