Besan Laadoo (Count 12)
Ingredients1 1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour
1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter for roasting + 1 tsp for greasing
1/4 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar/peethi sakhar/confectioners sugar
Crush to a fine powder5-6 cardamoms, peeled
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Method1. Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Add besan. Saute for 1 hour , stirring continuously on a low flame. Do not let the flour burn. Do not let it undercook.
3. Add milk and keep on stirring till it's dry again.
4. While the flame is still low, add sugar and raisins.
5. Saute for 7 more minutes.
6. Switch off the gas. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
7. Keep aside for 10 minutes or so.
8. Grease your palms with ghee. Roll laddoos when the mixture is cooled down a little to handle it easily. Make sure at least one raisin is rolled in each laddoo.
9. Store in an airtight container.
Though 1 hour roasting time seems like forever, it results in brown looking laddoos and not the yellow looking ones - which is how they are made in my family. You can decide your own roasting time.