Cumin flavored Daily Daal
1 cup boiled toor daal, mashed
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
Grind to paste
1 tbsp fresh coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
1. Put the boiled daal in a saucepan. Add 1 cup water to adjust the consistency. Add more if needed.
2. Add salt, turmeric powder and asafotida. Bring to boil.
3. Add ground coconut-cumin paste.
4. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Serve with rice and kachrya along with ghee and lemon wedges.
This post is my contribution to RCI:Konkan at Deepa's recipes n' more.