1 cup basmati rice, soak for 30 minutes
1 cup chopped spinach
1 small onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
3 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 small piece of cinnamon
2 tsp oil
1 tsp kashmiri garam masala or any other garam masala
salt to taste
1. Add oil to a micorwave safe casserole. Heat for 30 sec
2. Add black peppercorns, bay leaf, cinnamon and onions. Microwave for 3 minutes
3. Add spinach & tomatoes. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes
4. Add garam masala. Stir and microwave again for 1 minute.
5. Add drained rice, 1 3/4 cup water, salt to taste.
6. Microwave for 10 minutes.
7. Stir. Microwave again for 5 minutes.
8. Let it stand for 5 minutes in microwave.
9. Serve immediately.
1. You can follow the recipe for the stove top method.
2. Microwave cooking time varies. Please use your own judgement.
I am going to take this easy breezy spinach rice over to Srivalli's for the potluck - MEC:Potluck that is!