4 - 5 big , green chilies (mild variety like banana peppers)
2 red jalapenos (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp owa/ajmo /Ajwain/Ajowan/carrom seeds
1/4 tsp black peppercorn
2 lemons or as needed
1" ginger - chopped or 2 drops Supreme Spice ginger extract
1. Wash and dry the chilies completely.
2. Cut them into strips.
3. Pound the dry spices but do not powder them completely.
4. Mix with the chilies.
5. Add salt, lemon juice, ginger or extract. Pour the mixture in a clean, sterlized glass bottle. The lemon juice should cover the chili pieces completely.
6. Leave the bottle in the sunny window for 2-3 days.
7. It is ready to eat after 2-3 days.
1. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2. Use this pickle within 2 weeks.
3. Refrigerate the unused portion.
4. The pickle should be a little watery due to lemon juice.
5. Bell peppers (capsicum) can also be used for this recipe.
Shelf Life -
2 weeks in the refrigerator.
The fresh lemon juice is the ingredient which makes this pickle oil-free and tasty. So this post is my entry to EasyCraft's AFAM-Lemon.
AFAM event is originally started by Maheshwari of Beyond Usual.
This post is also my entry to Roma' Long Live the Shelf event.