Kallya Undo (pronounced as oon -dough) or Dahi Pohe
Pressed Rice with yogurt salad
1 cup thick pohe/poha/phow/pavva/pressed rice
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp milk
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
1 green chili, chopped (optional)
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
1 tsp ghee/clarified butter/toop
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves, torn
1. Wash and drain poha and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Mix all the ingredients except tempering.
3. Add tempered ghee on top.
4. Mix well and roll into spheres/ladoos
1. When you roll the laddoos it is difficult to locate the green chilies, so you can omit it if you like.
2. If you do not want to roll the laddos, and serve it in a bowl, you can add more yogurt.